Frontend developer

About Strise

Media monitoring is currently a time-consuming, and old-fashioned industry based on indexing of keywords. At Strise we believe that we can disrupt market significantly by using AI which opens up new possibilities to connect enterprises with data about their customers, competitors and market they operate in.

By analyzing 3 million news articles, job listings, SoMe posts, and a variety of other external data sources each day, Strise is generating AI driven insights about companies and markets, in real-time to our customers. Our first product is aimed towards sales departments that needs to stay better informed about their customers so they can provide a better targeted and more timely value proposition.

Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is the world’s largest software application market, with revenues expected to reach over $80 billion by 2025, making it also the world’s fastest growing software application market. We offer both a stand-alone solution and plug-ins to the major CRM software systems.Since no one is better than us to detect what is going on with a particular company or an entire market at an, we are experiencing strong demand and growth for our solutions. With multiple national and international customers is Strise on the track of becoming a world-leading actor within language agnostic real-time analysis of unstructured data.

We are achieving this by our robust tech-stack, build on state-of-the-art technologies like Apache Spark, Elasticsearch, GraphQL, and the latest in artificial intelligence and machine learning. Our product development is done in close collaboration with several customers, and have now come to a point where we need more front-end engineers to help us deliver to our customers and take us to the next level.

Job description

As a front-end developer you will have the responsibility for developing and maintaining our current and upcoming products. In close collaboration with our product manager and designers you will ensure that we deliver and uphold customer satisfaction on one of the most vital parts of our system.

Location: We prefer that you work in our offices in Trondheim together with the rest of our tech team, but we are open to remote work for the right candidate.


Our current front-end stack is written in React and using frameworks such as:

  • Webpack
  • Gatsby
  • Apollo
  • Flow
  • Typescript
  • Styled-components
  • Semantic UI

What we can offer you.

You are dedicating your most valuable resource to us, time. In return, we believe the most important thing we can offer you is to a friendly work environment where you’ll be working in a supportive, collaborative and ambitious team (because who likes to spend their work-life with horrible people?!) and lots of opportunities for personal growth.

We believe you should have ownership to the value you create, and we offer a lucrative options program to all employees.

You’ll be given close mentoring from the rest of our tech team and we are going to encourage you to attend conferences, talks and courses that you think is fun and relevant to your work. As a team we enjoy socializing outside work hours and it’s a plus if you don’t mind a bite to eat and a beer from time to time (although not a requirement).

In the sometimes crazy startup world, we hold two fundamental beliefs; revenue never go out of style and the 80/20 rule, we just have a different take on it - 80% of the time should be spent doing fun things, the remaining 20% doing what’s necessary. That’s why you’ll be given freedom to influence and choose technologies and work-methods. We also do our best to ask ourselves “will this be motivating and fun to do?” in every important decision, as we believe these are important variables in building a sustainable business.


We’re more interested in your skills than your actual background. However, as a minimum you should be:

  • Outstanding skills in JavaScript, CSS, and HTML
  • You are a team player and enjoy working in a collaborative, ambitious and fast-paced team.

That’s the two things that are most important to us!

Want to work with us? Send us an email at or call us at +47 901 09 201